2 Down the Lane

2 Down the Lane

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Make Bread Mondays Part II and oops I forgot to publish it………..

 

I still have not gotten everything from the house in the Grove.  Every morning that is fairly cool and if I have time, I try to empty another box or two that is in the garage.  By the time I get them all emptied, I will have to go and get another load.  But, I digress. 

Yesterday before Sunday School, I started cleaning a box or two.  In the process, I found  two of my recipe boxes from my mother and from my college classes. I went through them last night and found the following recipe for cheese bread. I have had this recipe since 1970-72.  I remember the recipe cards from college.   We had it for supper tonight.

So here goes---really, really easy.  Though not a yeast bread, it is a delicious quick bread and it is that----very quick and very easy.

Cheese Bread
 
3 3/4 cup Biscuit Mix  
1 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese  
1 egg  
1 1/4 cup milk  
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
 
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper  
1/4 teaspoon salt  
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon poppy seed
 
100_2204  

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Generously grease a 7X51/2X3 glass loaf pan.  I added a piece of parchment paper.  It  just makes it so much easier to remove from the pan.

100_2202

In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (baking mix, salt, sugar, cayenne pepper,  and cheese)  together. 

100_2209

Make a well in the center of the mixture.  Mix the egg, milk and oil together.  Pour into the well and mix the ingredients until just blended. Beat vigourously for one (1) minute.   Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle the top with poppy seeds.100_2211 100_2215 100_2217

See you in a few,

Madelyn

I am sorry I didn’t publish this yesterday, it was written and ready.  I hit save, but in Live Writer and not in my blog.  As a post script, I toasted the cheese bread for supper tonight.  I think it was even better tonight.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment