I have been thinking about what I want to accomplish next year.
There are the usuals: loose weight, exercise more, drink more water, read 50 books. Blah, blah, blah…
But what I really want to do is
1. Use my time better and accomplish more in a day.
2. Give more to my church—not money (I wish, I had it to give). No, I am talking about giving myself in time, efforts and talents.
3. Work harder for local ministries.
4. Work harder to make “Our Town” a better place to live.
5. Get my nerve to walk into stores and really sell my crafts—my knitting or whatever. I am such a chicken when it comes to things like that. I come from a long line of salesmen and I guess, I just did not get that gene.
6. Be a better sister and Mother and Grandmother.
7. Really work to master watercolors. There is so much more to learn.
8. Treat my craft work as a 8-5 job.
9. Make new friends but really give my all to my old friends.
10. Always, ALWAYS LOOK for the positive in every situation.
S0, what do you think? Is it doable? I think so. Is it going to be easy? Actually, I think so. When I went back to read the list after I wrote it, I think that if I accomplish #1 and #10—all the ones in the middle will just come naturally. We will see. I need to make a copy of this and post it on my mirror in my bathroom, in my calendar and on the refrigerator. I need to read this every morning.
Good luck for your New Year. I am so blessed and have such joy in my life---that how could 2011 not be a good year?
Happy New Year!
See you in a few (next year),
P. S. I received the newest Father Tim the other day as a gift. So, after Sunday, I will start reading. I can’t wait.