2 Down the Lane

2 Down the Lane

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Gas, Chocolate Cookies, Thank You

 

 

I drive a Mini Cooper.  It is just the best. I zip around town.  I have hauled 7 bales of pine straw in it.  Went to Charlotte with my sister and mother and stopped at Goodwill and purchased 2 huge lampshades enough clothes to fill a black trash bag and then stopped at friend’s house and picked up a fertilizer spreader.  I take it to Charleston.  Last week was the first week of my Craft Class at the church, I had art class in the morning, I stayed with my Mom in the afternoon and I forgot as I was going to town, to get gas.  As we left church, Mr. R was in front of me.  I turned the corner and low and behold, I sputtered to a stop.  I had run out of gas. 

I immediately called Mr. R and then the church.  He came back and went to the church.  Would you believe they had a gas can?  With Gas! ! ! ! !

Our Associate Pastor, Jason came with Mr. R, put the gas in and then he would not let us drive him back to the church.  So, I got up the next morning and made him cookies. 

THANKS A BUNCH, JASON!

Here is the recipe.  I had forgotten how yummy they are.  Like little bites of brownie and they are so pretty, too.

100_2243 100_2245

Chocolate Snowflake Cookies

1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup powdered sugar

Melt the chocolate in the microwave.  Add the oil and sugar and blend well.  Stir in the eggs, one at a time until well blended.  Add the vanilla.  Stir the salt and the baking powder into the flour.  Mix well.  Refrigerate at least one hour or up to overnight.  100_2247
Drop a tablespoon into the powdered sugar.  Shape into a ball.  Place 2” apart on a parchment line baking sheet  Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees.  Makes 5 dozen. 
 
 
100_2250
100_2253

100_2257

 

See you in a few,

Madelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment