In between all of the craziness that is my life, I have been trying to read at least 50 books by the end of the year. I am combining a whatever I want to read list with a list of books that I found on the internet that says I should read this list before I do the proverbial “kicking the bucket” thing. I printed that list to stick in my purse and cut it to fit my little notebook. Now, I can’t find where I got the list. I did this so if I am at a yard sale or used bookstore, I can keep up with what I need to read next. Some of the books on this list, I will never read. Like all of Shakespeare……I have read some in school and in college---that is enough for me. So, here is the list of what I have read so far this year. I will put a star by the ones on the 100 Books You Need to Read Before You Die list.
1. Walking Across Egypt Clyde Edgerton
2. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie – Alan Bradley
3. The Weed That Strings the Hangman’s Bag – Alan Bradley
4. Olive Kitteridge - Elizabeth Strout
5. Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society – Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
6. Saving CeeCee Honeycutt - Beth Hoffman
7. The Man that Moved a Mountain
*8. Bridgett Jones Diary - Helen Fielding
9. The Lightening Thief – Rick Riordan
*10. Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishigur0
11. Careless in Red – Elizabeth George
12. White Thorn Woods - Maeve Binchey
13. Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand - Helen Simonson
14. The Lace Reader – Brunonia Barry
15. The Art of Racing in the Rain – Garth Stein
*16. Cold Comfort Farm- Stella Gibbons
17. Crossed Bones - Carolyn Haines
*18. The Time Traveler’s Wife—Audrey Niffenegger
19. Above Suspicion-Helen MacInnes
20. Dyer Consequences - Maggie Sefton
What is this, 3o to go by the end of the year? I actually think I can do it, if I can get all of the Christmas presents bought and wrapped so that once it gets cold I can really start reading .
I would love to hear your list. I have a stack of 5 more books right now. So, I am getting there---how about you?
Until the next time,