2 Down the Lane

2 Down the Lane

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Cookie Swap

 

What fun we had yesterday.

 About two weeks ago, I received an invitation from my daughter.  She is so creative.  The invitation was in red and white and so darn cute.  It gave us a few “rules”. 

1.  Bring 3 dozen  cookies
2. Send her the recipe via email and everyone will get a copy
3. She will provide separate containers for the cookies.  (She found small bakery boxes at the restaurant supply store.)
4. Come & enjoy!

I made the cookie dough on Friday and got up the day of the party  and made the cookies.  Sugar Cookies.  I have been making them for years.  I got the recipe from a friend in my Bridge Club.  The recipe actually calls for white sugar on the top, but during the holidays, I always use red & green.

Sugar Cookies

1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup oil
2 sticks butter
4 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cream of tarter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
Combine sugars, oil and butter.  Mix well. Add the eggs.  Slowly add the flour, salt, cream of tarter and baking powder. With a cookie scoop, drop balls of dough onto parchment  paper.  Dip a flat glass  into sugar and press down on cookie dough.  Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees
 

 

 

But, the party.

 

So, my sister and I took off to Charlotte.  We even shopped on the way down there and this was at 9:00 in the morning.  We also shopped on our way home. 

When we arrived, everything was just beautiful.  My daughter is an interior designer and her house was just perfect.  She used a gold and silver theme.  The tree was filled with beautiful ornaments and it just sparkled!

She kept the group small.  Which was just fun. We had a choice of spiced tea and coffee.  Brunch was delicious. 

The Menu

Egg & Bacon Casserole
Yummy creamy grits
Baked apples
Sausage swirls
Orange Marmalade Bread

It was a great selection of cookies, too!!

Sugar Cookies
Gingersnaps
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Balls
Chocolate Caramel Thumbprints
Pecan Butterscotch
Lemon

 

But, instead of writing all about it, I am just going to send you to my daughter’s blog----Eat, Drink & Decorate.

Have a good day and I will see you in a few!

 

Madelyn

P.S.   Madly, working on sweaters for my granddaughters and a special surprise, too.  Good luck with all of your Christmas projects!  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Mom! So glad you could come AND bring your yummy cookies!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete