2 Down the Lane

2 Down the Lane

Friday, January 21, 2011

An Ecological Boat Tour


We have been on vacation. It has been absolutely inspiring! I have painted a little, I have knitted a (very) little and I have read one book and started another.  We have had dinner every night but one with friends.  We were going to a play but could not get tickets, so we played cards with friends.  There is a reception tonight for the High School Scholarship Awards,  tomorrow the annual Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser for the high school and an Art Crawl and Wine Tasting.  What fun! 

I am not usually one for guided tours---but yesterday, we went on a pontoon boat ride down the intra coastal waterway into some lagoons and I had a ball. 

It was a beautiful day---72 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.  So without further ado, I am going to show you some of my pictures from the trip. 

100_2384This is Bird Island. There were over 700 bird’s nest on this island last year 

100_2404

There were lots of sailboats and fishing boats. 

100_2415

 

100_2423

 

 

 

 

 

 

See the dolphin?  They were everywhere.  Most of my dolphin pictures were like this.  I have to do better.  But, I did learn that if you set the camera on “sport”, it really does catch movement better. 

Now, look at the birds………

100_2410 100_2426

 

100_2461

We visited a lighthouse and saw a  B-17 take off from the local airport.  Those will be another post.  Now, I need to paint—especially that Brown Pelican. I can’t wait.

See you in a few!

Madelyn

PS We are in Florida at Mr. Rs hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment